Monday, August 30, 2010

new house!

We made it! We are officially in the new house, have internet set up (yay!), and all of our junk is here with us. Plus 4 kids, a dog, 2 cats, 2 rabbits, and 2 tangerine trees. No partridge in a pear tree though. I haven't taken a single photo of the move or the new house yet if you can believe it! I plan to remedy that tomorrow because I know there are friends and family who would like to see. It is SO nice here - this is only our second night and it already feels so much like home.

The move itself, however....let's just say it was hellacious. It amazes me how much a local move can be so stressful, and so drawn out, and so painful! The biggest obstacle by far was the baby. I don't believe a baby has ever in the history of babies screamed and cried as much as he has over the past three days. This child has cried nonstop the second I have tried to put him down or have gotten out of his sight. We tried everything to amuse him - walker, play yard, toys, loose on the floor, in the stroller, being held by siblings and relatives, you name it, we tried it. The only thing he wanted was to be held by me. He wouldn't even take naps. I finally had him in the Ergo carrier this morning as I Windexed windows and scrubbed doorjambs at our old place, and he mercifully passed out for a half hour while I cleaned. My body is so tired and achy, not from moving but from holding him for 3 days! I am really hoping he will have a better day tomorrow without any strangers popping by and a ton of new sights bombarding him. I' not sure how much more all-day screaming I can take!

On the bright side, the mastitis seems to have cleared itself up sometime between last night and this morning, and I am feeling a thousand times better. I had no idea it would make your whole body feel so horrible. I wouldn't wish that on anyone!

No comments: