Friday, January 28, 2011

a dream state

Last night, I had a really strange dream. Actually between bouts of Hobie screaming in my ear, I had lots of strange dreams. I could only hang on to the one, which was the first in the series. I can only presume they got stranger as the night waned. Kind of like Alexei without a mop of hair.



In the dream, we were living in a mobile home on horse property. I don't recall the kids being around, but hubby was there. Somehow we were given four pet rats. I loved the rats and spent lots of time playing with them, but they kept biting me. A rat would be cuddling up to my cheek and suddenly grab on, and then hang on for dear life, pinching me with its teeth but not breaking skin. The final straw was the rat that bit my neck and had to be pried off.

The best course of action seemed to be setting the rats loose in the yard in the hopes that they would scurry off and leave us alone. Initially they scattered, but soon they were clawing at the front door, desperate to come back in. I wound up using my old BB gun from childhood to shoot the rats. I made it through three of them before rat number four.....err, I mean Hobie woke me up from the dream.

I'm really not seeing the symbolism here.

Just because we jokingly refer to our children as rats really has nothing to do with it.

I think it's because we're getting ready to spend the day at Disney World.

No comments: